Thursday 13 January 2022

The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time #1) by Robert Jordan

 

"In this Age of myth and legend, the Wheel of Time turns. What was, what may be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow."

Today we are reviewing The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan. It is an epic fantasy book and it is the first book in The Wheel of Time series.  The book was originally released in 1990.

The Eye of the World was on my TBR for some time and thankfully I read it last month. I believe that I prioritized it because of the Amazon Prime TV series (which I still haven't finished watching by the way). It is the first book in a 14 book long series and I loved it from the beginning. 
The writing and the world-building are incredible. Robert Jordan has done an excellent job describing everything in detail so you feel like you are in this world yourself. The book has all the classic fantasy elements and tropes and it reminds you a lot of The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, which is what the author intended as he is inspired by Tolkien. 
As this is the first book in a long series it is packed with information about the world but there is still a lot more to cover in the next books. We have just touched the pick of the iceberg. 
I really enjoyed the characters even though I don't have a favourite one yet.

I cannot wait to continue with the series.

Rating: 5 Stars

Synopsis of the book:
When their village is attacked by terrifying creatures, Rand al'Thor and his friends are forced to flee for their lives. An ancient evil is stirring, and its servants are scouring the land for the Dragon Reborn - the prophesised hero who can deliver the world from darkness.

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina


0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment