Wednesday 3 June 2020

May 2020 Wrap up

Hello everyone!

It's time again for my monthly reading wrap up. Today we are talking about the books I finished in May. Also, how we are already in June? Time flies...

In May I participated in Medieval - A - Thon, a readathon organised by Holly from Holly Heart Books in YouTube. It was very fun reading all these books to fulfill the prompts. Before I will go to the books I read let's see how I did . You can check out my TBR for the readathon in a previous post here.

I have become a Princess with my bow & arrow and also my goat and dog anima companions. I have added two sets of clothes in my wardrobe. 



Let's start...


The History Behind Game of Thrones: The North Remembers - David C. Weinczok

I enjoyed reading this non-fiction book about the history behind Game of Thrones. The author tried to connect the events, people, and places of Game of Thrones with real ones from the history of Scotland and he did a very good job.

I received an eARC from Netgalley and Pen & Sword Books

Read the full review here.




How Your Crush - Amy Fellner Dominy

It is a sweet summer story about Mai and Anthony and their efforts to stop being attracted to each other.
Obviously things do not go as planned (not a spoiler!) and that's when the fun begins.

I received an eARC from Netgalley and Entangled Publishing.

Read the full review here



Cult Writers: 50 Nonconformist Novelists You Need to Know  - Ian Haydn Smith

I liked the way it was written and the selection of writers it included. Through this book I learned about authors I wasn't familiar with but I also learned more things about favorite authors.

I received an eARC from Netgalley and White LionPublishing

Publication Date : June 9th



The Last Wish (Teh Witcher #0.5) - Andrzej Sapkowski

I knew these books existed but before the Netflix TV show I have never thought of them. Now after reading the first one, which is a collection of short stories that somehow are connected together, I am hooked.

Read the full review here




The Order of the Pure Moon Reflected in Water - Zen Cho

It is a a found family wuxia fantasy that combines the vibrancy of old school martial arts movies with characters drawn from the margins of history.

I really enjoyed reading this novella .

I received an eARC from Netgalley and Tor.com

Publication Date : June 23rd



Assassin's Creed: Last Descendants #2 - Tomb of the Khan - Matthew J. Kirby

The Assassun's Creed universe is one of my favourites and the same goes with the books. This one is like a spin off trilogy . The story and the writing were very good and I want to continue with the next one.




Bone Crier's Moon - Kathryn Purdie

Well, I don't know what to tell about this book. I really liked it but I was expecting something else from it according to the synopsis.

Read the full review here



That's it for May. I have great plans for June but we will see how it will go.

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!

Athina

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment