Thursday 7 October 2021

City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake #1) by Victoria Schwab - A Review


 Hello everyone!!

Today we are reviewing City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab which the first book in the Cassidy Blake trilogy and it was published in 2018 by Scholastic Press.

This book was on my tbr from the day it was released and three years later I finally read it and I can say with certainty that I really liked it. It is a middle grade fantasy / paranormal novel from my favourite author. 
I liked Cassidy's story and her "gift" as well as her friendship with Jacob. I loved that the book is set in Edinburgh and all the history bits that includes and of course Victoria's writing style made it even better.

The only bad thing is that now I want desperately to go to Edinburgh!!

If you like ghost stories that are not so spooky I highly recommend this one, especially at this time of the year.

Rating: 4 Stars

About the book

They're here.
They're watching.

Cass can pull back the Veil that separates the living from the dead.

When Cass's parents start hosting a TV show about the world's most haunted places, the family heads off to Edinburgh. Here, graveyards, castles and secret passageways teem with restless phantoms.

But when Cass meets a girl who shares her "gift", she realizes how much she still has to learn about the Veil—and herself. And she'll have to learn fast. The city of ghosts is more dangerous than she ever imagined.

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment