Thursday 31 October 2019

October 2019 Wrap up

I know that it sounds very cliche but I will say it. I cannot believe that we are already in November and that we are so close to the end of 2019. This year and especially the last four months are very special to me and have changed my whole life and despite what some people think it is difficult to combine the mum life with the reading life. Anyway, I think that I am in a good place now that the baby is almost five months old. 



But enough of my ramblings! Let's see  together the books that I read in October. There is a mix of middle grade, non-fiction and fantasy.

The Magical Pillows ( Τα μαγικά μαξιλάρια) -  Evgenios Trivizas (Ευγένιος Τριβιζάς) --Greek Book--

From an amazing storyteller comes an amazing story, which is funny but full of meaning too. 
This is a Greek children's book that I read now for the first time and really liked.





Broom, Broom (LRB Collections: 7) - Sam Kinchin- Smith (series editor)

This is a non-fiction book and its main theme is witches and the way they were hunted. 
It wasn't one of my favorites.






Harry Potter : A Journey through Divination and Astronomy (A Journey through... #3) - Pottermore Publishing

Another installment of A Journey through series that focuses on the lessons from the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft in Harry Potter. This one was about Divination and Astronomy and as the previous ones I really liked it.






The Attic's ghosts ( Τα φαντάσματα της σοφίτας) - Manos Kontoleon (Μάνος Κοντολέων) --Greek Book--

Beautiful story with beautiful messages. I have read it before as a child and when I saw it I grabbed it immediately.  
This is a Greek children's book that I highly recommend.






Fantastic Beasts - The Crimes of Grindelwald: The original screenplay - J. K. Rowling

I liked this one more than the first book and I believed that it also helped the fact that I had seen the movie beforehand.







Professional Ham cutter ( Επαγγελματίας Ζαμπονοκόφτης) - Nikos Bovolos (Νίκος Μπόβολος) --Greek Book--

Small funny stories from a professional ham cutter while working on a supermarket for several years.







Greta and the Giants : inspired by Greta Thunberg's stand to save the world - Zoe Tucker, Zoe Persico  (Illustrations)

It's an inspiring picture book with great illustrations and a great message for everyone.It uses allegory to make the important topic of Climate change accessible to young children.

I received an ARC of this book via Netgalley




These were all the books I read in October and I think I am slowly getting back on track with my reading.

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!

Athina

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment