Wednesday 6 January 2021

Crown of Bones (Crown of Bones #1) by A. K. Wilder - A Review

 




Hello everyone!!

Today we are reviewing Crown of Bones by A. K. Wilder. It is a YA fantasy book and it's the first book in a duology. It released yesterday, January 5th 2021 by Entangled Teen

Disclaimer: I was lucky enough to receive an eARC of this book by Netgalley and the publisher. Al opinions are my own.

After reading the synopsis of this book I was confused but intrigued and that's why I read it. After finishing it, I can certainly say that you should check it out because it's very very good. 
I loved the storyline and I loved the characters. Mysterious Kaylin is my favourite. He is at the same time dangerous and sweet. I also loved Ash and the dynamics she has with him. She is a smart and strong character with secrets even she doesn't know. Marcus is also smart and loyal. The friendship dynamics of the group were excellent. 
I liked the three POV narration (Ash, Markus & Kaylin) of the story and the author's writing. I found the world-building interesting and I want to learn more about it. The phantoms concept reminded me of the daemons in His Dark Materials series. 
The romance in the book was everything I wanted from it. 

Rating: 4 Stars

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Raise. Your. Phantom.
For fans of epic fantasies and sweeping adventures, this ensemble cast will immerse you in a world of unique magic, breathtaking action and unforgettable characters.
In a world on the brink of the next Great Dying, no amount of training can prepare us for what is to come …
A young heir will raise the most powerful phantom in all of Baiseen.
A dangerous High Savant will do anything to control the realms.
A mysterious and deadly Mar race will steal children into the sea.
And a handsome guide with far too many secrets will make me fall in love.
My name is Ash. A lowly scribe meant to observe and record. And yet I think I’m destined to change us all. 


See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment