Saturday 27 March 2021

Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo - A Review

 



Hello everyone!!

Today we are reviewing Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo which is the first book in the duology. It is a YA fantasy book published in 2015 by Henry Holt & Company. 

I have said it for other books too, but I should have read Six of Crows earlier. I finished it this month and it is certainly a five - star read for me. 

I loved the story of an impossible heist and I really liked the setting of it. Ketterdam sounds like a place I would like to see. It has excellent world-building and the story is dark, action packed and with magic and some romance. I also really liked the characters, they are so mixed up in their own way. I love how morally grey all of them are. 
I was hooked from the beginning and it continued until the last page with many plot twists. I also liked the mention of characters from Shadow and Bone.

My favourite characters are Inej and Kaz and I really enjoyed their interactions. Inej has gone through a lot but she has come out strong. Kaz is a very complex character. he is manipulative, smart and an antihero. He also cares for his friends even if he doesn't admit it. I love The Dregs as a group. Their relationships and dynamics are everything.

Highly recommend it but I believe most of you have already read it.

Rating: 5 Stars

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can’t pull it off alone. . .  
A convict with a thirst for revenge 
A sharpshooter who can’t walk away from a wager 
A runaway with a privileged past 
A spy known as the Wraith 
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums 
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes 
Kaz’s crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don’t kill each other first. 


See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment