Thursday 1 April 2021

Unravel the Dusk (The blood of Stars #2) by Elizabeth Lim - A Review

 


Hello everyone!!

Today we are reviewing Unravel the Dusk by Elizabeth Lim which is the second book in her The Blood of Stars duology. It is a YA fantasy book and was published in July 2020 by Knopf. 

In this book we follow Maia Tamarin, whose journey to sew the dresses of the sun, the moon and the stars has taken a grievous toll. She returns to a kingdom on the brink of war. The boy she loves is gone, and she is forced to don the dress of the sun and assume the place of the emperor’s bride-to-be to keep the peace. 
But the war raging around Maia is nothing compared to the battle within. Ever since she was touched by the demon Bandur, she has been changing . . . glancing in the mirror to see her own eyes glowing red, losing control of her magic, her body, her mind. It’s only a matter of time before Maia loses herself completely, but she will stop at nothing to find Edan, protect her family, and bring lasting peace to her country.

I read Spin the Dawn (the first book) in 2019 and it became one of my favourite books. You can only imagine how much I was anticipating Unravel the Dusk. This time it wasn't a 5 star read but I really liked it even though I found it a little bit slow at some points. 
I really love the way Elizabeth Lim writes and I loved the world-building from the first book. it was good to be back in this world. 
Maia is still a really good character who sacrifices even herself for her country. Edan is of course still perfect for me.

Rating: 4 Stars

Check out my review of Spin the Dawn here.

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina


0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment