Saturday 31 July 2021

July 2021 Wrap up

Hello everyone!!

July is almost over and we are getting into August. As you might have guessed it, it is time for my monthly reading wrap up.
In July I read five books (3 ebooks and 2 physical books) and the three of them were ARCs. 




Let's see them together... 

The Tangleroot Palace: Stories by Marjorie M. Liu 

This  is a collection of short stories with a novella at the end. It was published by Tachyon Publications on June 15th 2021.

This was the first time I read anything from Marjorie Liu and I really enjoyed her writing style. I really liked the stories as well, some of them more than others. I liked that almost all the stories had strong female protagonists , who were resourceful.
The stories were magical and haunting at the same time, with beautiful world building and from the majority of them I wanted more. 

Rating: 4 Stars

Read my full review here





Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: 100 Real-Life Tales of Black Girl Magic (Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls) by Lilly Workneh (Editor)

I really like this series of stories about rebel girls. They are always very inspiring and at the same time informative. Every time I read a collection like this I am amazed by all the incredible things women can do if they want to.
Highly recommend it for younger and older readers alike.

Rating: 4 Stars

Release Date: September 28th






The Ancient World: Ideas in Profile by Jerry Toner

This is a small non-fiction book about the ancient world and more specifically about Rome and Greece. It was published originally in 2015 by Profile Books and I read its Greek translation (Maria Fakinou translator) by Patakis Publications.

It was  pretty interesting to read as it introduced a new perspective to the Ancient World and the study of it. The author's writing style and though was easy to follow. 
This book is a good introduction for beginners and also for more advanced readers in the subject. 
It is also a quick read as it is only 160 pages.

Rating: 4 Stars

Read my full review here


A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes #2) by Sabaa Tahir

The second book in the series was even better than the first one. It was more action packed and full of emotions. I love the characters and their development. I also liked the unexpected plot twist and I cannot wait to read the next book. 

Rating: 5 Stars

Review to come pretty soon.








A Dance with the Fae Prince (Married to Magic #2) by Elise Kova

This is the first time I read anything by Elise Kova and I couldn't be happier.
I loved the story and the characters. The romance between the main characters is slow but beautifully written.
I also really enjoy the world building and I think I will read the first book in this world to find out more.
By the way, you don't have to read book 1 to enjoy this one. They are standalones just in the same world.

Rating: 5 Stars

My review will come later in August.

Release Date: August 19th



That's it for this month. Let's see what August will bring readingwise.

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment