Friday 31 December 2021

December 2021 Wrap up

 Hello everyone!!

Today is the last day of the month and of the year and I think it is appropriate to end 2021 with a monthly reading wrap up.
In December I read 7 books (4 physical books and 3 ebooks) and most of them were 4 and 5 star reads, so I am really happy.


Let's start...

The Raven and the Rush (The Book of All Things #1) -  Sarah M. Cradit

I read Raven and The Rush as part of a Book Of Matches Media Tour and I really enjoyed it.
We follow Roshynora and Evrathedyn as they both try to fulfill a destiny they never truly wanted. The characters felt real with all the struggles and heartbreak that they faced.

Rating: 4 Stars

Check out my review here







The Eye of the World ( The Wheel of Time #1) - Robert Jordan

This book was on my TBR for some time and thankfully I finished it in December. It's the 1st book in a 14 book long series and I loved it from the beginning The writing and the world building are incredible. I cannot wait to read more.

Rating: 5 Stars











The City of Mist:  Stories (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books) - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

I was really excited when I heard about this short story collection. The Cemetery of Forgotten Books is one of my all time favourite series and I loved to be back in Zafon's Barcelona and meet again some old and new characters from the books.

Rating: 5 Stars








Ilahara: The Last Myrassar (Ilahara #1) -  C. M. Karys

First of all the book is written by two fellow bookstagrammers Chiara (@_ckarys) and Maria (@_mkarys) and I am really happy and proud of them.

Aside from that the book was one of my most anticipated releases and after reading it this month, I loved it. I really liked the story, the world, the characters , the writing... everything...

Rating: 5 Stars

Check out my full review here





The Great American Read: The Book of Books: Explore America's 100 Best-Loved Novels by PBS

It is a companion book to PBS's summer 2018 series. The book has interesting information for each of the 100 Best -Loved Novels, as well as many themed articles.

Rating: 3 Stars











Letter from Birmingham Jail  -  Martin Luther King, Jr

This book belongs to the Penguin Modern Classics Collection (No 1). It is an inspiring book about injustice, equality and non-violent resistance.

Rating: 4 Stars












The Origins of Wizards, Witches and Fairies -  Simon Webb

This book tells the fascinating story of the origin of our ideas about wizards, witches and fairies. It combines folklore and scientific findings to give us an  image of the origins of wizards, fairies etc., as clear as possible.
It was an interesting read and it is well written and well researched.

Rating: 3 Stars

I received an eARC from Netgalley and the publisher








That's it for the month of December.
Have you read any of them? If yes, what did you think?

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina


0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment