Sunday 28 January 2024

Ink Blood Sister Scribe by Emma Torzs - A Review


 "Some books should never be opened."
Ink Blood Sister Scribe by Emma Torzs

Ink Blood Sister Scribe follows a family tasked with guarding a trove of magical but deadly books, and the shadowy organization that will do anything to get them back...even murder.

That brief synopsis was all I wanted to know before reading this book. I knew that I would love it from that sentence alone and I did. Ink Blood Sister Scribe is my first 5 Star read of 2024 and I think that if you are looking for a captivating and atmospheric tale of family, magic, and mystery, you should check this out.

I loved everything about it. The book is mysterious and adventurous and definitely a page-turner. I really liked the writing style and the storyline with all of its revelations and plot twists. It had my guessing all the time. 

I usually don't like that much contemporary fantasy but this book was so good that I hardly even noticed that. Finally, I really liked the magic system but I would prefer it if we learned more about it or if it was more present.

Rating: 5 Stars

About the book:

Joanna Kalotay lives alone in the woods of Vermont, the sole protector of a collection of rare books; books that will allow someone to walk through walls or turn water into wine. Books of magic.

Her estranged older sister Esther moves between countries and jobs, constantly changing, never staying anywhere longer than a year, desperate to avoid the deadly magic that killed her mother. Currently working on a research base in Antarctica, she has found love and perhaps a sort of happiness.

But when she finds spots of blood on the mirrors in the research base, she knows someone is coming for her, and that Joanna and her collection are in danger.

If they are to survive, she and Joanna must unravel the secrets their parents kept hidden from them - secrets that span centuries and continents, and could cost them their lives...

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina
This entry was posted in

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment