Wednesday 9 December 2020

Vengeful (Villains #2) by V. E. Schwab - A Review

 


Hello everyone!!

Today we are reviewing Vengeful by V. E. Schwab which is the second book in the Villains duology. 

I have previously reviewed the first book, Vicious and you can find my review here.

I found Vengeful to be more fascinating than Vicious. I loved the plot and how everything unraveled. By now it is not a secret that I love Victoria's writing. She tells us the story using time as a way to increase our suspense about the plot and the "heroes". I really liked the new characters that were introduced in this book, especially Marcela, but I was still rooting for Victor and his friends. 
The ending didn't disappoint me and I would like to see more in this world of EOs. My wish is getting granted as V. E. Schwab writes a comic based on this world called Extraordinary (coming out in 2021 by Titan Comics).

Rating : 5 Stars

Synopsis form Goodreads
Eli Ever and Victor Vale were only medical students when their mutual discovery that near-death experiences can, under the right conditions, manifest extraordinary abilities.
They were best friends, and rivals, and then enemies. They were dead, then alive, and then---Eli killed Victor, once and for all.
Or so he thought---but Sydney Clarke felt otherwise, and used her own superpower to tip the scales. Now, a trio hides in the shadows, while another takes advantages of post-death life to take over the city of Merit.
If there can be life after death—will there be calm after vengeance, or will chaos rule?


See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment