Thursday 1 July 2021

June 2021 Wrap up

 Hello everyone!!

Another month went by and now we are in the middle of summer. July is here and the heat with him. In June I was behind in many things relating to my blog and my Instagram account (@booknotes_athina if you didn't know) with no particular reason. Just because I am on holidays! That affected my reading a little bit too. I managed to read 4 books (3 ebooks and 1 physical copy) and most of them were arcs.




Let's start...

The Ming Storm: An Assassin's Creed Novel by Yan Lei Sheng

Disclaimer: I was lucky enough to receive an eARC of this book from Netgalley and the publisher. All opinions are my own.

You know by now my love for the Assassin's Creed books. This one was good but not as good as I expected it to be. I liked the story and the writing style but sometimes I found it a little slow and the number of names was a little confusing. 
I liked that it is inspired by the Chinese culture, which isn't used very often. Towards the end it was action packed and fast paced and I really enjoyed at. 

Rating: 3 Stars

Check out my full review here



Awakening Shadows (The Navarre Chronicles #1) by Sydney Hawthorn

Awakening Shadows is a fantasy romance book that I really enjoyed.
I liked the writing style of the author and the world that she builds around the story. The book has the  perfect amount of adventure and there is also magic and mystery that I really love. I enjoyed the characters and the slow burn romance between Quinn and Joseline. My favourite is Quinn and I also enjoyed the dynamics between Evalyn and Dax. 

Rating: 4 Stars

Check out my review here




Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (Assassin's Creed #9) by Gordon Doherty 

Another Assassin's Creed book that I loved. It is action packed as always with these novels and the fact that I knew the history and the myth behind it made it even better.

Rating: 4 Stars

There will be a review pretty soon.









No Way, They Were Gay?: Hidden Lives and Secret Loves (Queer History Project) by Lee Wind

I enjoyed reading this book as I learned a lot of things that I haven't known before about all these famous queer people. There is very useful information at the introductory chapters. 
The book is well written in a simple way that everyone can understand. It would be a great gift for younger readers and adults alike. 

Rating: 4 Stars

Check out my review here






These are the books I read in June. 
Have you read any of them? 

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina




0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment