Thursday 14 December 2023

Favourite book of February 2023 - Review (Blogmas 2023 - Day 14)

 Hello everyone!!

Let's continue our countdown to 2024 with February's favourite book.  The book that I gave 5 Stars in February and that I really loved was The Luminaries by Susan Dennard.


“That’s why we’re called the Luminaries, Winnie: we are lanterns the forest can never snuff out.”
― Susan Dennard, The Luminaries

The Luminaries is a young adult fantasy book and it is the first book in The Luminaries series.

I loved The Luminaries. I wasn't expecting it but I loved it.
I liked the premise, the storyline with the secret society and the monster lore.
The book is fast-paced and its short chapters make it a page turner. There is also a little bit of romance but not much.
I wanted to learn more about the world and its background but I guess we will find out more in book 2, The Hunting Moon, which I am really excited to read since book 1 left me with some questions.

Thankfully book 2 is out now and I can have my answers.

Rating: 5 Stars

About the book

In Hemlock Falls, when nightmares rise, only the Luminaries stand between humanity and these monsters bent on devastation. Winnie Wednesday knows the only way to redeem her disgraced family is to pass the Luminary trials, but when she encounters an unknown monster, she realizes she must also protect Hemlock Falls and her heart from a former friend with secrets of his own.

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment