Wednesday 7 August 2019

July 2019 Wrap up



Another reading month has passed and left us with few but interesting books behind. I read mostly ebooks this month. Let's see them together.

Harry Potter: A Journey through Charms & Defense against the dark arts - Pottermore Publishing

A short ebook with interesting information about Charms & DADA. These are two of the classes at the Hogwarts School in the Harry Potter series. I enjoyed reading it and I will continue with the rest.






The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials #3) - Philip Pullman

The 3rd book in the trilogy that concludes the story in a perfect way.

Read my full review of the series here.







Harry Potter: A Journey through Potions & Herbology - Pottermore Publishing

The next ebook in the series including information for two more classes, Potions and Herbology.







The Collectors (His Dark Materials #0.6) - Philip Pullman

It's a short story that takes place in the universe of His Dark Materials. I enjoyed reading it. It had an interesting plot full of mystery.







Lyra's Oxford (His Dark Materials #3.5) - Philip Pullman

This was a good bonus story in the world of the His Dark Materials trilogy. Well-narrated as always by the author. It was fast-paced and very enjoyable.








Mooncakes - Suzanne Walker & Wendy Xu (Artist)

I read this graphic novel through an eARC from Netgalley.

It's a beautiful story, full of diversity and with great illustrations as well. 
Unfortunately it comes out on October 2019, but you should check it out. 

There will be a review closer to the publication date.




Quidditch through the ages - Kennilworthy Whisp, J. K. Rowling

I enjoyed reading about Quidditch and its history. This book (and the others in Hogwarts Library) is a very good companion book for the Harry Potter fans.







Greece 20th century 1950 - 1960 (Vol. 1) & 1980 - 1990 (Vol. 1) [Ελλάδα 20ος αιώνας 1950 - 1960 (Α' τόμος) & 1980 - 1990 (Α' τόμος)]

Finally I read these two volumes that describe the major events in Greece through the years 1950 - 1960 and 1980 - 1990.
I liked it because I learned things I didn't know before.





That's it for me for now.
See you in my next post!

Athina





0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment