Thursday 4 February 2021

January 2021 Wrap up

 Hello everyone!!

It is already the end of January and that only means one thing, monthly reading wrap up. This month went really well! I read 7 books (4 physical books & 3 ebooks, one of them was an arc). I also participated in Medieval - a - thon (still going, ends in February 10th) and did many buddy reads.


Without further ado, let's get to the books...

The Lion of the Sea (The Maiden Ship #2) - Micheline Ryckman

Thanks to the author I read an eARC of this book and I really liked it. It continues right where the first one ends and I enjoyed everything about it, from the story to the characters.

Rating: 4 Stars

Publication date: February 7th 2021

Read here my review for The Maiden Ship and on Sunday I will post my review for this one too.


Sword of Destiny (The Witcher #0.7) - Andrzej Sapkowski

Another collection of short stories set in The Witcher world where Geralt of Rivia has more adventures and meets his destiny. I love this world and the stories Sapkowski writes.

Rating: 5 Stars

Review to come later in the month.



Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy #1) - Leigh Bardugo

If it wasn't for #TheLastGrishaReadalong I wouldn't have read it and I would have missed out. 
First of all I loved the world - building and the Grisha magic system. I also really enjoyed Leigh Bardugo's writing.

Rating: 4 Stars

Review to come later in the month.



A Little History of Economics - Niall Kishtainy

A enjoyed reading this non fiction book as it helped me refresh my knowledge on the subject. I recommend it to anyone who wants to know more about the history of economics.

Rating: 4 Stars

Review to come later in the month.




Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy #2) -  Leigh Bardugo 

The second book in The Grishaverse was also really good. I liked how the story continues but I wanted more of The Darkling!

Rating: 4 Stars

Review to come later in the month.





These Violent Delights (These Violent Delights #1) - Chloe Gong 

I read this one together with the girls from #booktalkwithwifey and I really really liked it. It is set in 1920s Shanghai and that makes it even more interesting. That ending though...

Rating: 4 Stars

Review to come later in the month.




Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy #3) - Leigh Bardugo

The final book in the trilogy and I wasn't ready. I enjoyed it more than the second book but I would have preferred a different ending to the story.

Rating: 4 Stars

Review to come later in the month.




Those were all the books I read in January and I hope February is a good reading month as well. 
Have you read any of these books? What did you think?

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment