Wednesday 3 April 2019

March 2019 wrap up

March is over and we are in full Spring mode and ready for April and the festivities it brings.



This month I managed to read  6 books and I think it's time to see them one by one.

Goldfieber - Endstation Geldspercher

It is a German reproduction of many Disney stories all around the theme of  gold, treasure and treasure haunting of course. 
I really liked reading some of my favorite stories with Scrooge McDuck  etc. Also because it is in German I could practice my long forgotten German skills. 





From Russia with love (James Bond 007 - Original Series #5) - Ian Fleming

This one was a little different from the previous books because we got to see James Bond after page 130. That of course didn't bother me and didn't affect the way I enjoyed the book. 
It has all the classic tropes that we love to hate in James Bond books and movies.
I am off to see the movie now.




Είναι αρρώστια τα τραγούδια - Μάνος Ελευθερίου 
(Einai arrostia ta tragoudia - Manos Eleftheriou)

This short book contains a collection of essays regarding the case of the Greek song industry. Of course there are also essays about composers, songwriters and singers. 
The essays were well written but this book was not for me. I am not regretting reading it though.




Vengeful (Villains #2) - V. E. Schwab

I finished Vengeful and I found it more fascinating than Vicious. I loved the plot and how everything unraveled through the end.

A will have a more detailed review soon on the blog.






Μιλώντας στην κόρη μου για την οικονομία - Γιάνης Βαρουφάκης
(Talking to my daughter about the economy - Yanis Varoufakis)

It's another book in the series Patakis Books are doing with the general title "Talking to ..." This time the theme was the economy and capitalism mainly. The author is an expert on his field but somehow I didn't enjoy this books as much as I wanted to.





Spinning Silver - Naomi Novik

I really liked this one. It's a very loose retelling of the Rumpelstiltskin fairy tale and it is very well done. I wish only there were less POVs.

My full review will come soon.






Have you read any of these? If so, what were your thought? I would love to hear!

Athina



0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment