Thursday 5 March 2020

February 2020 Wrap up




It's time again for another reading monthly wrap up. February is the shortest month of the year but I managed to read 14 books. Most of them were books I read as part of a read-a-long with fellow book lovers and of course there are always my ARCs. 

Let's see the books now.

No one is too small to make a difference - Greta Thunberg

The title says it all!
In this book we can read the speeches that Greta Thunberg has given the past couple of years. This young activist from Sweden talks simple but full of passion for a topic so important and critical for our lives: The Climate Crisis.


Rating: 4 Stars
Goodreads review here


 


Little People, Big Dreams -  Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegara

I continue to read these beautiful and inspiring picture books and I love everyone of them. This month I read Vivienne Westwood, Alan Turing and Bob Dylan.

Rating : 5 Stars
Goodreads reviews here, here, and here.
Alan Turing & Bob Dylan are published on April 7th.

I received an ARC of these books via Netgalley.

The Story of Inventions - Catherine Barr & Amy Husband (ill.)

This one is a good introduction to the most famous and important inventions for the little readers. it has also beautiful illustrations.

Rating: 3 Stars
Goodreads review here.

I received an ARC of this book via Netgalley. 



Beauty and the Beast - Jessica Gunderson & Thais Damiao (ill.)

This is Beauty and the Beast in a graphic novel form with beautiful illustrations. It s simply told as it is aimed to younger children.

Rating : 4 Stars
Goodreads review here.
Release Day: August 1st

I received an ARC of this book via Netgalley. 



Twisted Fairy tales: Little Rude Riding Hood - Jo Franklin

This one is a twisted Little Red Riding Hood story where little Red becomes little Rude and she is very rude to everyone. On the contrary we have a very kind Bad Wolf. Beautifully illustrated.

Rating: 4 Stars
Goodreads review here
Release Day: March 15th

I received an ARC of this book via Netgalley 


Twisted Fairy tales: The Three Little Narwhals - Stewart Ross

This is a very sweet retelling of the Three Little Pigs story. I liked that the story took place underwater because it made it different from the original. It has also beautiful illustrations.

Rating: 4 Stars
Goodreads review here
Release Day: March 15th

I received an ARC of this book via Netgalley


Shout - Laurie Halse Anderson

I do not have words for this book. It is a very powerful book and very different from what I usually read. It is a poetic memoir written in free verse by the author of Speak.  In it she talks about rape and sexual assault. It is an important book for any reader and especially those who can relate to #metoo and #timesup movements.

Rating: 4 Stars



30-second literature: The 50 important forms, genres and styles , each explained in half a minute - Ella Berthoud

These kind of books are right up my alley. I like reading books about books and literature. In this one the author manages to give us all the information we need in only 300 words.  It's a great reference book.

Rating: 4 Stars
Full review here

I received an ARC of this book via Netgalley

Woven in Moonlight - Isabel Ibanez

This book is different from anything I have read. It is inspired by Bolivian history and politics and it is very well written. I liked the cultural aspects, the magic and of course the food.

Rating : 4 Stars

A full review will follow pretty soon



Economics in one lesson - Henry Hazlitt

I read the Greek translation of the book.
This book is a classic introduction to the economic theory and liberalism. It defends capitalism and the concept of the free market.
I liked it but it wasn't one of my favorites on the subject.

Rating : 3 Stars




The Left Hand of Darkness - Ursula K Le Guin

This is the first Le Guin book I read and I really enjoyed it. It's a SF political thriller that turns to an adventure as the story goes. The book has a dynamic plot and a good character development too.

Rating : 4 Stars

A full review will follow pretty soon



Εγκλήματα στην Αθήνα - Ιωάννα Γελάρδου 
(Crimes in Athens - Ioanna Gelardou)

I read a review copy of this book.
Some parts of the book I really enjoyed and other not at all. I think it will be a good tv show because it is written like one.

Rating: 3 Stars

Check back on 8th March for my stop on the book tour


That's it for me for February.
Have you read any of these books? What did you think?

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!

Athina


0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment