Friday 10 November 2023

This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone - A Review

 “I want to meet you in every place I ever loved. Listen to me. I am your echo. I would rather break the world than lose you.”

― Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone, This is How You Lose the Time War


This is How You Lose the Time War
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was in my tbr since it came out and last month I finally read it. I cannot say that I loved it, as I hoped, but I enjoyed reading it. It is a science fiction book and as I have come to understand these are not usually for me.

In this one we follow Red and Blue, two rival agents hellbent on securing the best possible future for their warring factions, strike up an unlikely correspondence. But what started as a taunt, a battlefield boast, grows into something more: something epic and romantic. Something that could change the past and the future.
The discovery of their bond will mean their deaths. There’s still a war going on, and someone has to win that war.

The book is written in epistolary form which was different and interesting. I really liked that element. Also, the writing style is very flowery and lyrical, which sometimes confuses me. This is a story told by two rivals through their letters to each other across time and space and warzones. It focuses on the relationship between them more than anything else.
You can say that it is a type of Romeo & Juliet retelling.

It is very emotional and of course character driven, with a strong character development.

Blog / Instagram

View all my reviews

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina
This entry was posted in

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment