Saturday 12 June 2021

The Ming Storm: An Assassin's Creed Novel by Yan Lei Sheng - A Review

 



Hello everyone!!

Today we are reviewing The Ming Storm: An Assassin's Creed Novel by Yan Lei Sheng. It is part of the Assassin's Creed universe and it is the first book in a series. It was published on June 1st 2021 by Aconyte.

Disclaimer: I was lucky enough to receive an eARC of this book from Netgalley and the publisher. All opinions are my own.

You know by now my love for the Assassin's Creed books. This one was good but not as good as I expected it to be. I liked the story and the writing style but sometimes I found it a little slow and the number of names was a little confusing. 
I liked that it is inspired by the Chinese culture, which isn't used very often. Towards the end it was action packed and fast paced and I really enjoyed at. 

I will continue reading the series as I want to know more about this aspect of the story.

Rating: 3 Stars

Synopsis of the book
The Ming dynasty becomes a battleground for the Brotherhood of Assassins and the Order of the Templars in this blockbuster action novel from a previously unexplored part of the beloved Assassin’s Creed universe.

China, 16th century. The Assassins are gone. Zhang Yong, the relentless leader of the Eight Tigers, took advantage of the emperor's death to eliminate all his opponents, and now the Templars hold all the power. Shao Jun, the last representative of her clan, barely escapes death and has no choice but to flee her homeland. Vowing to avenge her former brothers in arms, she travels to Europe to train with the legendary Ezio Auditore. When she returns to the Middle Kingdom, her saber and her determination alone will not be enough to eliminate Zhang Yong: she will have to surround herself with allies and walk in the shadows to defeat the Eight Tigers. 

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment