Thursday 3 March 2022

February 2022 Reading Wrap up

 Hello everyone!!

February is over and we are now in March, the first month of Spring and it is obvious from the title this is my monthly reading wrap up post. 
In this month I read 7 books. Of them 5 were physical books and 2 ebooks. 



Let's see them together...

The Pariah (Covenant of Steel #1) by Anthony Ryan

The Pariah was different from what I usually read and I really liked it.
We follow Alwyn Scribe and learn his adventures through his POV as he is narrating his story much later in time. 
I enjoyed the writing style and kind of medieval setting of the story. It is not action-packed but slow-paced and it reads like a historical fiction at times. Its main themes are religion, justice and freedom. 

Rating: 4 Stars

Check out my full review here






Escaping from Houdini (SJTR #3) BY Kerri Maniscalco

I had heard mixed review about this book but I really enjoyed it. As always I really liked the writing of Kerri Maniscalco. It's so captivating. As I knew what to expect, it still surprised me until the end. 

Rating: 4 Stars

Review to come pretty soon.









Γεωγραφία για εντελώς αγεωγράφητους -  Η Γεωγραφία είναι πολύ κουλ (Geography for beginners)

This is a greek book about geography for beginners or for those who don't know anything about geography. It is well written and also in a very clever way that everything you read stays with you. It has all the basic information and something more.

If you can read in greek I highly recommend it.

Rating: 4 Stars








The Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy #2) by S. A. Chakraborty

I loved this one and it made me love S. A. Chakraborty's writing even more. This sequel has even more intricate magic and politic intrigues than The City of Brass. 
Besides the characters, the plot was also very exciting and intense with a shocking ending.

Rating: 5 Stars

Review to come pretty soon






This Woven Kingdom (This Woven Kingdom #1) by Tahereh Mafi

I enjoyed reading this one as I liked the story and the fact that it is inspired by Persian mythology. I liked the author's writing style. 
Also the ending was really intense.

Rating: 3 Stars

Review will come pretty soon









The Girl Who Fell Beneath the Sea by Axie Oh

I will be honest with you. I picked up this book because of its cover . While reading it though I came to love it. 
It's an Asian mythology retelling & I really liked the writing style , the characters and the setting of it.

Rating: 5 Stars

Review to come pretty soon








On Murder Considered as One of the Fine Arts by Thomas De Quincey (Penguin Black Classics No 04)

It's a provocative and funny essay about murder and how and why it is considered a fine art. It explains how every philosopher of the past 200 years has been murdered and that somebody cannot call himself a philosopher if his life has not been threatened. 
This last part was my favourite.

Rating : 2 Stars

 







These were all the books that I read in February. 
Have you read any of them? What did you think?

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment