Saturday 19 March 2022

This Woven Kingdom by Tahereh Mafi - A Review

 


“I think I might fetch you the moon if only to spare your tears again.”

This Woven Kingdom by Tahereh Mafi is a YA Fantasy book and it is the first book in This Woven Kingdom series. It was published in February 2022.

This Woven Kingdom is an epic, romantic trilogy inspired by Persian mythology and it has clashing empires, forbidden romance, and a long-forgotten queen destined to save her people.

We follow Alizeh, who to all the world, she is a disposable servant, not the long-lost heir to an ancient Jinn kingdom forced to hide in plain sight. We also follow the crown prince, Kamran, who  has heard the prophecies foretelling the death of his king. But he could never have imagined that the servant girl with the strange eyes, the girl he can’t put out of his mind, would one day soon uproot his kingdom and the world.


I enjoyed reading This Woven Kingdom as I liked the story and the fact that it is inspired by Persian Mythology. I really liked the author's writing style and I am intrigued to read more of her books since this one was the first one of hers that I have read.
I liked our main characters and their dynamics. The book was a little slow paced for me but the twist at the last chapters was really good and the ending was intense.

I believe that this book is perfect for fans of Leigh Bardugo, Tomi Adeyemi, and Sabaa Tahir.

Rating: 3 Stars

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment