Saturday 2 January 2021

2020 My Favourite Books

 Hello everyone and Happy New Year!!

I hope 2021 is better for all of us in every aspect.

Today I want to share with you all the books that I loved in 2020 aka my Favourite reads of the year. They are 17 books in total and it's roughly one book for every month but there are the necessary exceptions of course.




Without further ado let's see those books. They are in the order that I have read them and I will link to the corresponding book review if there is one up. 



The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern

Read in January 2020 
Rating: 4 Stars

I was expecting a lot from this book and thankfully it didn't disappoint. The reviews on this one are controversial but I liked it. I loved the way Erin Morgenstern writes.

There will be a review pretty soon. Actually towards the end of this month.



The Left hand of Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin

Read in February 2020
Rating: 4 Stars

This is the first Le Guin book I read and I really enjoyed it. It's a SF political thriller that turns to an adventure as the story goes. The book has a dynamic plot and a good character development too.

Find my review here


The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller

Read in March 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

I loved this book! It's a five star read for me and I highly recommend it.
Many people describe it as a Slytherin romance and I couldn't agree more with those characters.

Find my review here


An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes #1) by Sabaa Tahir

Read in March 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

I don't know why it took me so long to read this book. It is brilliant! I enjoyed every aspect of it. 
Fortunately I have books 2 & 3 already on my selves and book 4 will be mine soon.

Find my review here


Assassin's Creed: The Essential Guide by Titan Books

Read in April 2020
Rating:  5 Stars

If you like me love the Assassin's Creed franchise, you need this book. It is full with all the information and beautiful photos from the games.
I have only read the books and I loved this one.

Find my review here


The Last Wish (The Witcher #0.5) by Andrzej Sapkowski

Read in May 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

I knew these books existed but before the Netflix TV show I have never thought of them. Now after reading the first one, which is a collection of short stories that somehow are connected together, I am hooked.

Find my review here


The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass #0.1 - 0.5) by Sarah J. Maas

Read in June 2020
Rating: 4 Stars

This is the first time I read anything from Sarah J. Maas and after reading The Assassin's Blade, I think I should have done it earlier. I really enjoyed reading the backstory of Celaena and I cannot wait to read more.

Find my review here


Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards #1) by Janella Angeles

Read in August 2020
Rating: 4 Stars

Where Dreams Descend is full of magic! 
I really enjoyed reading this book and I practically devoured it. It is well-written  fast-paced and the action starts from the beginning.
It's a fun and at the same time dark story with some mysterious characters. 

Find my review here


Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust

Read in August 2020
Rating: 4 Stars

I didn't expect to like this one, but I really did like it. It's kind of a retelling of a Persian myth and it reads like a real fairytale. The story is perfectly structured and well-paced.

Find my review here


Harry Potter Film Vault (vol. 10) - Wizarding Homes & Villages by Titan Books

Read in September 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

It's a book about the filmmaking secrets behind the HP films regarding the wizarding homes and the Hogsmeade Village. It's the 10th volume out of 12 in total and I am intrigued to get them all. I really enjoyed it and I highly recommend it for any Harry Potter fan.


The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab

Read in October 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

Well, I have no words. I loved this book! It was everything I was expecting and even more

Find my review here



The House in the Cerulean Sea by T J Klune

Read in October 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

It is a contemporary fantasy book about finding family in an unexpected place. It is a wonderful, heartwarming story that makes you feel good. There is no way you won't love it too

Find my review here


The Wicked King (The Air of the Folk #2) by Holly Black

Read in November 2020
Rating: 5 Star

I liked it more than The Cruel Prince and the ending was very unexpected and "Wicked". I need to read book 3 asap.

Find my review here


Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper #2) by Kerri Maniscalco

Read in November 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

I liked this one more than SJTR. I found it more fascinating and I like the story better.

Find my review here


A Curse So Fierce And Broken (Cursebreakers #2) by Brigid Kemmerer

Read in December 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

I liked this one more than the first. It was more fast-paced, there was more action and that ending was everything...
In a few words: I loved it!

There will be a review pretty soon. Actually towards the end of this month.



Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked #1) by Kerri Maniscalco

Read in December 2020
Rating: 4 Stars

Well, this was a highly anticipated book and thankfully it didn't disappoint. I loved the writing style, the story, the pacing and I really liked the characters.

Review to come pretty soon.



The Maiden Ship (The Maiden Ship #1) by Micheline Ryckman

Read in December 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

I finally read The Maiden Ship and I am in love with it. The story, the characters, the world-building everything. I cannot wait to read the next book. Thank fully I have an eARC so I can read it asap.

Review to come pretty soon.

These 17 books are the ones that I loved reading in 2020. I read many good books but these are the ones that stood out. 
Have you read any of these?
What are your favourite books of 2020?

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment