Sunday 14 July 2019

Mid - Year Book Freak Out Tag (2019)



I see the Mid-Year Freak Out book tag going around in YouTube and various blogs and Instagram accounts and I though that it would be fun to do it myself.

We are already in the middle of 2019 and I haven't even scratched the surface of my existing tbr. I have also managed to read some pretty good books. So let's see what this tag will bring.

Best book of the year so far

Finale by Stephanie Garber is the third book of the Caraval series and is just incredible. I loved it and I wish there was more. 

Best sequel

I could easily say Finale again but to mix things up a little bit, I will say The Subtle Knife, the 2nd book in His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. It continued the story perfectly and added more to it.
I have a review for the whole trilogy coming soon.

New release you haven't read yet, but want to

Actually there are two books. The first one is The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden, the 3rd book in The Winternight trilogy and the other one is The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon.

Most anticipated release for the rest of 2019

It is the second volume of  V. E. Schwab's  Shades of Magic graphic novel which is called Night of Knives and comes out on October 2019.

Biggest disappointment

I can't think of any book I read so far in 2019 that disappointed me. It is a good reading year so far.

Biggest surprise

I was not expecting to like Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. It was out of my comfort zone but the author kept me interested all the way.
Check my review here.

Favourite new author (debut or new to you)

My first book of 2019 was Gilded Wolves by Roshsani Chokshi, who is a new to me author as this is the first (but not last) book that I read from her.
Check my review here.

Newest fictional crush

Legend from the Caraval series and especially from the last book Finale.

Newest favourite character

Circe from the book of Madeline Miller. I loved how her character developed and how strong and capable she was.

Book that made you cry

I usually don't cry with books, but a book that made me emotional was The Hen who dreamed she could fly by Sun-mi Hwang. The story was sweet and sad at the same moment.

Book that made you happy

I love Eeyore from the Winnie-the-Pooh books and every time a read a story with him it makes me happy. Recently I read Eeyore Loses a Tail and loved it.

Favourite book adaptation you've seen this year

I haven't seen any movies or series so far this year  that are book adaptations.

Favourite review you've written

I really liked the review I wrote for the series The Cemetery of forgotten books by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I read these books last year and became one of my favorite series.
Check my review here.

Most beautiful book you got this year.

I bought many beautiful books this year. Some of them are Literary Landscapes : Charting the worlds of classic literature by John Sutherland, Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban 20th anniversary edition and Finale by Stephanie Garber among others.


Books you need to read by the end of 2019

I have some ARCs that I need to get through soon but other than that my TBR is endless and I do not want to think about it.


So, if you haven't done this tag yet I urge you to do it. It was so much fun looking back at the books I read so far in 2019.

Athina

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment