Saturday 9 April 2022

Age Of Ash (Kithamar #1) by Daniel Abraham - A Review

 


“For one night, Kithamar is a city between worlds and between ages. It falls out of its own history, at once the end of something and the beginning of something else.”

Age Of Ash by Daniel Abraham is an adult fantasy book and it is the first book in the Kithamar trilogy. The book was published in February 2022 by Orbit.

Disclaimer: I was lucky enough to receive an eARC of this book by Netgalley and the publisher. All opinions are my own.

Our story unfolds within the walls of a single great city, over the course of one tumultuous year, where every story matters, and the fate of the city is woven from them all. 
Kithamar is a center of trade and wealth, an ancient city with a long, bloody history where countless thousands live and their stories unfold.
We follow the story of Alys. When her brother is murdered, a petty thief from the slums of Longhill sets out to discover who killed him and why.  But the more she discovers about him, the more she learns about herself, and the truths she finds are more dangerous than knives. 
Swept up in an intrigue as deep as the roots of Kithamar, where the secrets of the lowest born can sometimes topple thrones, the story Alys chooses will have the power to change everything.

I enjoyed reading Age of Ash but I didn't love it as much as I wanted. 
It is basically an epic fantasy where our main character is the city Kithamar. However, we follow the story of Alys which I didn't found  interesting enough since Alys wasn't a character I liked. I liked more Sammish who is just so precious.
The book has great character development and exploration of grief, family, loyalty and friendship. 
I really liked the writing style of the author and I want to learn more about the world and the magic system. I loved the setting as it felt so real. 
The thing that I didn't like was the pacing which I found slow but I am intrigued to continue with the series. 

Rating: 3 Stars

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina
 

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment