Saturday 30 April 2022

April 2022 Reading Wrap up

 Hello everyone!!

As you already have guessed from the title, it is time again for my monthly reading wrap up. In April I read 8 books, of which 2 were ebooks and the rest were physical books. The two ebooks were also eARCS. 
It was a really good reading month since I had three 5 - Star reads and discovered a new favourite author.




But don't waste any more time. Let's see what I read in April.

The Shadow of the Gods (Bloodsworn Saga #1) by John Gwynne

This is the first book of John Gwynne that I read and I loved it.
It is set in a Norse inspired world and it is full of magic, adventures and vengeance. I loved the world building and I cannot wait to explore more of it. I also really liked the writing style and the way John Gwynne wrote his characters.
I am really excited to learn more about the world, the Gods and the magic in the sequel The Hunger of the Gods.

Rating: 5 Stars

Check out my review here



ExtraOrdinary (Villains #1.5) by V. E. Schwab

This graphic novel is set in the Villains universe and it takes place between the events of Vicious and Vengeful. In this one we have three new EOs and we also meet our main characters from the books.
I really liked the story and the writing and I found the illustrations very fitting to the story. However, I believe that it was a little bit short and I hope that they are more installments in the future


Rating: 4 Stars

Check my review here



The Enigmas of History: Myths, Mysteries Madness from Around the World by Alan Baker

This book was okay . I didn't like it but I didn't hate it either.
It has some really good chapters but the majority was not so good in my opinion. There was no problem with the writing but with the selection of the topics for each chapter.

Rating: 2 Stars










The Hunger of the Gods (Bloodsworn Saga #2) by John Gwynne

Well, I have found a new favourite author and I am really happy about it. Now I want to read all of John Gwynne's books. 

I loved this book too.  We now follow more POVs and the story continues from where we left it in book 1 and now the storylines of our main characters are interconnected. 
The ending was really intense and I need book 3 asap.

Rating: 5 Stars

Review to come pretty soon



Rebel Girls Mean Business : 25 Tales of Entrepreneurs and Investors by Rebel Girls

I really enjoyed reading this installment of Rebel Girls. I liked the selection of female entrepreneurs and investors that it included. Every story was really inspiring.

Also the illustrations in these books are always really beautiful.

Rating: 4 Stars






Aphorisms on Love and Hate by Friedrich Nietzche

This little book contains a selection of Nietzsche's aphorisms and it examines the pleasures of revenge, the falsity of pity and the incompatibility of marriage with the philosophical life. 
I liked reading this little collection It was easy to read and some of the ideas mentioned are still valid. 
However, through this collection we can see how sexist Nitzsche was.

Rating: 3 Stars







Gallant by V. E. Schwab

The latest book of my favourite author is a standalone fantasy book that I loved. I really loved the story and the atmosphere that was created through the setting. I loved Olivia and Gallant.


Rating: 5 Stars

Review to come pretty soon.








The Atlas Six (The Atlas #1) by Olivie Blake

This book was really hyped and I was confused while reading it. I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. By the end of it though I was sure that I liked it. 
If you like dark academia and fantasy books with a school setting you will definitely enjoy this too.

Rating: 4 Stars

Review to come pretty soon.





That was my reading wrap up for April.
Have you read any of these books? What did you think?

See you in the next post and don't forget to keep reading!!!
Athina

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment